Teriyaki Stir-fry with Chicken Cassarole
I've never had a meal like this that you can bake in a casserole dish! I was very surprised at how well it had turned out. When I first found this recipe I had hope so badly that it would turn out amazing and I was right! It was amazing. The kids all loved it and the flavor was spot on! I think Brexsen had 3 bowls!
I love the flavors in the dish because for being as easy as it is it feels like your having a gourmet dinner! I love dinners that just come together this easily. The only thing I had to run to the store for was some stir fry veggies! Go figure right?! I really have done a better job at making recipes with veggies! I’m trying, people!!!
Go ahead and give this one a try and let us know what you thought of it!!!
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch + 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (12 oz.) bag stir-fry vegetables (Can be found in the produce section)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine soy sauce, ½ cup water, brown sugar, ginger and garlic in a small saucepan and cover. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove lid and cook for one minute once boiling.
- Meanwhile, stir together the corn starch and 2 tablespoons of water in a separate dish until smooth. Once sauce is boiling, add mixture to the saucepan and stir to combine. Cook until the sauce starts to thicken then remove from heat.
- Place the chicken breasts in the prepared pan. Pour one cup of the sauce over top of chicken. Place chicken in oven and bake 25 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and shred chicken in the dish using two forks.
- *Meanwhile, steam or cook the vegetables according to package directions.
- Add the cooked vegetables and rice to the casserole dish with the chicken. Add most of the remaining sauce, reserving a bit to drizzle over the top when serving. Gently toss everything together in the casserole dish until combined.
- Return to oven and cook 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving. Drizzle each serving with remaining sauce.
Made this for dinner tonight and oh my word… so good. We doubled the veggies and added mushrooms. Thank you for sharing this easy dinner!!
Made this tonight. My family loved it. I am thinking of adding crispy noodles on top for a different texture next time. Loving the recipes.
! I love your YouTube channel even though our children are grown and out of the house. I love things that you do with your extended family also!
Thanks for sharing, Mindy! This looked so good when you made it on the vlog. I love stir fry but it’s kind of a pain to make on the stove so the fact that you can bake this in the oven is a total game changer. Can’t wait to try it!
I made this the other night and used chopped broccoli in place of the stir fry veggies and even my teen that has severe sensory issues to food ate it and requested seconds.