Perfect Summer Burgers
I have been wanting a hamburger sooo bad and not the kind you get at a fast food place(yes, I do love those too!) But a homemade real Cheeseburger! So I looked and looked for a recipe and found the perfect one and made a few adjustments and it was perfect! I have never made homemade burgers before so this was scary! We had some friends over and it was great to have their opinion too! Everyone loved them and even went back for seconds!
Now I feel like a burger queen and may never buy a frozen costco patty again! I love summer and I love cookouts, this was the perfect meal for a summer night!
Perfect Summer Burger
2 lbs ground sirloin beef
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 Tbsp ketchup
1/4 tsp liquid hickory smoke
1. Mix brown sugar, chili powder, salt, pepper and onion powder in a bowl.
2. Add in Ketchup, liquid smoke, and egg and stir thoroughly.
3. Add your ground beef to bowl and mix well with your hands.
3. Form meet mixture into 8 balls, shape into patties or use a burger press and pace on wax paper.
4. Stack burgers with wax paper separating patties, place burgers in fridge to marinate for a few hours or overnight.
5. Grill burgers for 4-5 minutes on each side at 300-400 degrees.
6. Put assorted toppings on top of burger and enjoy!
**I have a great burger sauce you can try here...similar to the In-n-Out sauce.
I feel like the secret ingredient here is the liquid smoke! I loved it! If you have a summer BBQ coming up, try these out and let us know what you think!