These little bars are AMAZING! They are both visually appealing and they taste soooo good! I was looking for something that was springy and fun! This bar was definitely it! I took them to Brandens parents and the whole family went nuts over them! The great thing about these bars is you can switch out the M&M's and the sprinkles for whatever holiday that you're celebrating! Red and Blue M&M's would be fun for the 4th of July or red and green for Christmas! Give these a try and let me know what you think!
Ingredients:1/2 cup room temperature butter 1/2 sugar 1/4 cup + 1 TBSP brown sugar 1 egg at room temperature 1 tsp vanilla(or almond) extract 1 1/2 cups flour 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp cornstarch 1/4 tsp salt 1 1/4 cup white chocolate chips separated 3 1/2 cups mini marshmallows 3/4 M&M's(your color choice)-I used spring mix 3 TBSP sprinkles(your color choice)-I used Brandens Favorite
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- combine the room temperature butter with the sugars in a medium sized bowl until creamy and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- In a separate cowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt. Stir together and add to the wet ingredients.
- Mix until well combined.
- Stir in one cup of the white chocolate chips. Press cookie dough into a 9x13 greased pan. (When I started pressing down the cookie dough I thought, oh dear this isn't going to spread all the way but done worry, it does!)
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until the edges the are golden brown.
- Remove and immediately top with mini marshmallows and M&M's. Place back in the oven for 1-2 minutes or until the marshmallows become fluffy.
- Remove and sprinkle with sprinkles and remaining 1/4 cup white chocolate chips.
- Let cool completely and cut into squares!
The recipe told me to cut with a wet knife but I didn't notice that it made a difference. I really hope you enjoy these and think of branden while eating these because these have all of his favorite things!