These little bars are AMAZING! They are both visually appealing and they taste soooo good! I was looking for something that was springy and fun! This bar was definitely it! I took them to Brandens parents and the whole family went nuts over them! The great thing about these bars is you can switch out the M&M's and the sprinkles for whatever holiday that you're celebrating! Red and Blue M&M's would be fun for the 4th of July or red and green for Christmas! Give these a try and let me know what you think!
Ingredients:1/2 cup room temperature butter 1/2 sugar 1/4 cup + 1 TBSP brown sugar 1 egg at room temperature 1 tsp vanilla(or almond) extract 1 1/2 cups flour 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp cornstarch 1/4 tsp salt 1 1/4 cup white chocolate chips separated 3 1/2 cups mini marshmallows 3/4 M&M's(your color choice)-I used spring mix 3 TBSP sprinkles(your color choice)-I used Brandens Favorite
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- combine the room temperature butter with the sugars in a medium sized bowl until creamy and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- In a separate cowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt. Stir together and add to the wet ingredients.
- Mix until well combined.
- Stir in one cup of the white chocolate chips. Press cookie dough into a 9x13 greased pan. (When I started pressing down the cookie dough I thought, oh dear this isn't going to spread all the way but done worry, it does!)
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until the edges the are golden brown.
- Remove and immediately top with mini marshmallows and M&M's. Place back in the oven for 1-2 minutes or until the marshmallows become fluffy.
- Remove and sprinkle with sprinkles and remaining 1/4 cup white chocolate chips.
- Let cool completely and cut into squares!
The recipe told me to cut with a wet knife but I didn't notice that it made a difference. I really hope you enjoy these and think of branden while eating these because these have all of his favorite things!
Hi Mindy! I’m looking for your Oreo cake pop recipe and I don’t see it here. Can you send it to me or post it here? Thank you so much! I would love to make them for my son’s 10 th birthday party!